Thursday, December 13, 2007

Catching Up

Well...between Ice Storm 2007 and just feeling yucky this week I am behind on blogging! SO...Here's what's new...

My Natalie turned SIX!!! I can NOT believe it...If I knew how, I would post a sweet baby picture and a big girl picture, but I don't. She is just classic. I was looking into her eyes earlier today, which are BIG & BLUE and I told her that when you look in someones eyes you can often see into their hearts. In her eyes I see pure innocence. I just love her. We got her tickets to see The Nutcracker. She is taking hip hop right now, but she is a ballerina at heart. We spent half an hour watching Nutcracker performances on YouTube. She is your classic girl. Happy Birthday my sweet Natalie Kate!

We were out of power some...overnight and then again the next afternoon. Not enough to be miserable, but enough to feel horrible for those still without. A not so fun winter wonderland.

I am really struggling with waking up in the morning before my kids. That time with God is the defining factor of my day. I have been really feeling just not good this week. Maybe the weather. Pray for me to have strength to get out of bed tomorrow! The next week and a half are SO VERY busy. Isn't it funny how badly we need God's strength to make it thru the celebration of the Prince of Peace!!!??? Alainis would think that was Ironic, don't ya think? Sorry, that was a little 1997 for ya!

Well now you are caught up on the world of Christie! Tune in tommorow when Christie talks about the Do's and Don'ts of worshipping thru laundry and hairbows!

8 comments:

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

Natalie's party was great! She is precious! Being at her party tonight something stirred in my heart, I caught myself saying to the Lord, Lord, please bless us with one more child, another girl!!! Then, I thought to myself, girl you are CRAZY...can I take that prayer back?

I have really been struggling with getting up before my children too. I will pray for you, please pray for me as well.

I love your heart Christie, little Natalie gets her pure innocence from her mama!

Christi said...

I didn't know you had a blog...yah, I get to connect with you via the world wide web:)

Stef Swindell said...

Alanis...oh how I have missed her lol. Me and her used to hang in college...when I sas doing very bad things. Its probably best her and I split ways....

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Shut up! You didn't come by and tell me you started a blog?!?! YEA! I'm so excited! ...Now I have to go catch up...

Tim and Christie said...

Elizabeth! Yes ma'am! Here it is! Glad you stopped by!!! YES, Go catch up!

shanna said...

I am with you on the NEED to get out of bed before my kids. It happens a few days a week...another thing I am consistently inconcistent at!!! It needs to be every day! Let's pray for each other!!!!!!!

Christie Man said...

Aaahhh, Donna, you are so sweet to say that Christie has pure innocence. Christie, what do you think? Can you pass on some of that "pure innocence" you possess. I am in DIRE need of some! LOL

Ok, I need to hear the do's and dont's of worshiping through laundry and hairbows. Don't you know that is what I have been waiting for. I LOVE IT!!!
Natalie is such a gentle, quiet Angel. So is precious Ashlyn. I know you have told me different but I will NEVER believe it, do you hear me NEVER! HEE Gracie has been asking for another Ashlyn playdate. :) Anyway until then...waiting for your promise of do's and don'ts!
I feel so honry today. No not horny. How do you spell it? Is it onry? so done. :0)

Stef Swindell said...

LOL horny, you made me laugh today!!! I love you Christie M, even if you are honry, horny, or onry.

And Christie G===where are you?? You haven't posted in like 3 years? Ok, maybe not that long, but it feels like it!