Monday, December 31, 2007

For the New Year

Tim and I were talking about the past year and goal setting/resolution stuff. I have A LOT of things that I would like God to change in me for 2008. Instead of giving God a To Do List, I want the coming year's theme to follow a prayer that I keep on my refridgerator. I'll share it here so that you all can remind me of it when I get whiny this year!

Whatever Thy Will

Whatever Thy will,
Lord, keep me still.

Thy way is best;
So let me rest.

Let come what may
To me today,

Sunshine or rain,
Pleasure or pain,

Gladness or grief
Distress; relief,

May I believe
All I recieve

Is sent in Love
Down from above.

So let me rest;
Thou knowest best.

Whatever Thy will,
Lord, keep me still.

-Author Unknown

Hope you all have a fun night tonight! Happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

Christie Man said...

That was beautiful, I loved it! Sounds good...gotta borrow that...keep me accountable too!
Btw, so glad you are all feeling better!

BraggFam said...

Thy Will, not my will has been what He is teaching me. I love that you wrote this down because it is something I have been discussing with God. The whole Thy instead of my. I am sorry you have been sick;that is so not fun. I have been learnig to have patience and that it is ok for me to get out of the house to the gym for a little recovery time to be fresh for my girl's. Matt is out of town for the next 3 days so it will be either a battle zone or bliss. He is doing tons of traveling in January. Every week we have travel something. I miss you guys. Does my sweet Jesus not know this travel business would be easier surrounded by dear freinds in the land of Oklahoma. (Again the THY WILL BE DONE< i don't won't to rob myself of HIM

shanna said...

I thought I had posted a comment on here...I am going crazy these days. I love this though...and in my mind said gret things in response to it...maybe I didn't save it right :( I love you Christie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!