Thursday, December 6, 2007

REJOICE!!!

Matthew 1:23


"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."




Zephaniah 3:17

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."



OK, So I can't type the full dialogue that God and I had or all of the things He showed me thru my studying these two verses, but I could NOT help but tell the world this one major thing He taught me today....



WE rejoice because of what we read in Matthew 1 that He is Immanuel, God with US.....BUT Zephaniah 3:17 says that HE rejoices because WE are with HIM!!!



I explained it to my kids this way...If Mommy was on a really long trip, like a month long (which in itself is hard to imagine!) when I got back you girls would be SO excited to see me, right? (right???) Of course you would...but guess what? I would be just as excited to see you!!!



UGH! I asked Him all last week to show me how HE parents, so that I might be able to mother my children in His image. Once again He came through! Oh He is so good!





3 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

This is GREAT! You know, we get so bogged down with "life" - we forget how much He really does love us!

shanna said...

I am praying today that you literally feel Him rejoicing over YOU with singing. I love you more than I have words for Christie!!!!! And imagine how much more He loves you. I love hearing your heart on here.

Jenny-K said...

I'm currently doing Beth Moore's Breaking Free study, and today she talked about God's unfailing love for us. So very awesome!