Friday, January 18, 2008

Ask a child...

The other day I sat my oldest two girls, Cassadie,8, and Natalie, 6, down and asked them a question that I had been meditating on. I asked them 'What do you think is most important to God?'

Here are their answers...

  • Us, His children
  • That we love Him
  • That we focus on Him
  • Praising Him
  • Praying
  • Worship
  • Going to church to learn about Him
  • Spending time with Him in our hearts
  • The ten commandments
  • Not fighting with each other
  • Love others
  • Not lying
  • Don't hide from Him even if we made bad choices (I think this might be my favorite)

After giving these answers, they felt the list was complete and I let them go play. I sat and looked at their list for a minute and 'pondered them in my heart' and I smiled with Jesus for a couple of reasons. One, I was very pleased that for the most part their responses reflected that they understand that RELATIONSHIP is what is most important to God. That is what I was hoping to see in this snapshot of their hearts. But second of all, the Lord and I had to have a moment remembering together that the fact that these sweet girls of mine know Him at their young age is a treasured miracle. The miracle of a changed legacy. What a gift. What a powerful and merciful God. A God who rescues messed up people from themselves, grabs hold of their hearts, melts the sin away and heals the wounds...That is a God of love. Everlasting Love. Redeeming Love. An undeserved Love. But a TRUE LOVE.

Thank you, Lord, for your Grace. What joy to know you! What joy that my children, YOUR children, know you. And LOVE you. Only by Your grace.

Oh, how I love Jesus!

5 comments:

Jenny-K said...

That is so precious, Christie! It's so amazing what our children feel and know about God...I think sometimes they know more than we do. They have such a pure relationship with Him.

deleise said...

Christie that is beautiful. What a wonderful example you have been for them, showing them what a meaningful relationship with Christ looks like!

shanna said...

I am rejoicing with you!!! Isn't He amazing??? Those girls are blessed beyond measure to have you as their mommy! You are doing an amazing job. He is truly turning your greatest weakness into your greatest strength!!!

Stef Swindell said...

I love this Christie. I need to do this with Noah and Journey!!! Your girls are precious and you are so blessed :)

Abbi said...

Hi Christie! Thanks for stopping by to comment on my blog. Katie was an amazing woman of God.

I stop in to read your blog every now and then. Great stuff! I especially love the lessons you learn from your girls. :)

God Bless.