Monday, January 14, 2008

REST is GOOD!

My sweet hubby is back at work this week. Last week he was on vacation, he was home for 9 days. We had the best week! We didn't do anything special except just hanging out together as a family. It was great. I loved waking up each day, later than normal, drinking coffee together, deciding together what we would do that day. We made it through with surprisingly very little conflict. Yesterday he went back to work. I was nervous about how the kids would adjust....And me! :) It went well though. Tim was physically VERY tired last night. (He does A LOT of heavy lifting all day) But over all we all felt refreshed, refocused and refueled in HIM. I think He has taught me that it is good to rest (hints the whole sabaath idea, I suppose!) This year I commit to letting my heart, mind, and body REST in Him more often.

7 comments:

Christi said...

I'm so glad you guys had that time together. Rest sounds like just what he needed:)

shanna said...

I feel so rested just reading this. It makes my heart happy to know God gave you two this time together! Love you! I think I will go rest now :)

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Rest is so important...and so rare in today's society! I'm glad you guys enjoyed your time!

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

Rest, what is that??? Just kidding great post!

SheriYates said...

I love all of you guys - all your group! I want in...please invite me into your circle - just to meet you guys if nothing else.
my hubby did the same thing the week before - over my birthday so it wouldn't be a normal day - it was amazing!
Great post!

Abbi said...

Isn't rest great?! Last weekend, I went to the park and stayed there half of the day...I didn't have ONE thing on my seemingly ever-present "to do" list! It was marvelous! :)

Thanks for checking out my blog and for leaving a comment! I always love to connect with new people!

Christy Gunkle said...

Hi Don't know if this will work...I was googling my self and well now I know ther is another one! My name is Christy Gunkle too. I also have 4 kids 1 girl and 3 boys, I used to homeschool and I also love Jesus!! how funny!! I'd love to know what else we have in common! :)
Christy